1/1 Photo of Pasta Pan-Fried With Butternut Squash, Fried Sage, and Pine Nuts
1 hr 5 mins
A recipe I have not tried yet but want to try that came from thekitchn.com. I love butternut squash and fresh sage, so think it will be delicious. The high quality parmesan cheese needs to be shredded or shaved.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 375°.
- 2Cut the butternut squash in half and scoop out the strings and seeds the middle cavity.
- 3Flip the squash halves upside down and peel them.
- 4Cut the squash into 1-inch cubes.
- 5Toss with the onion, garlic, a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper.
- 6Mince about half of the fresh sage leaves and also toss with the squash.
- 7Spread the squash mixture in a thin layer on a large baking sheet and roast for about 40 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- 8Heat salted pasta water to boiling and cook the farfalle until al dente.
- 9Drain and set aside.
- 10As the squash finishes roasting, heat about two tablespoons of olive oil in a large high-sided sauté pan.
- 11The oil is ready when it pops and sputters. (Don't let it start smoking.)
- 12Drop in the rest of the sage leaves and fry for about a minute, or until they begin to just shrivel up.
- 13Remove with a slotted spoon and salt lightly.
- 14Crush with the back of a spoon.
- 15Add half the pasta to the pan, along with half the roasted squash mixture. Crumble in half the sage.
- 16Cook, stirring frequently, for five minutes or until the pasta is heated through and getting crispy on some of the edges.
- 17Add the pine nuts and cook for another minute.
- 18Stir in half the cheese and serve.
- 19(Repeat the last step with the rest of the ingredients. The originator of the recipe also wrote--We split it into two because none of our pans are big enough to accommodate the entire recipe. It's very important that you not crowd the pan too much - you want the pasta to really pan-fry, not just steam up.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Pan-Fried With Butternut Squash, Fried Sage, and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 898.7
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 402.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves