Recipe by Celeste :)
Meal Idea: Serve with Italian salad blend, tossing in tomatoes, croutons, and Italian dressing. Add some fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Complete your meal with Italian bread and cannolis or tiramisu.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup prediced red onion
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomato turkey sausage (2 links)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 8 ounces ziti pasta
- 1⁄2 cup mild pepper rings
- 10 ounces fresh presliced zucchini or 10 ounces yellow squash
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) canlarge pitted black olives (drained)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add onions and garlic; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occassionally, or until browned.
- Cut sausage into 1/4-inch thick slices; set aside. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Add chicken to pan. Season with salt and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occassionally, to brown.
- Stir in water and pasta; cover and bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes; stirring often, or until most of the water is absorbed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (including sausage). Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 3-4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve.