Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From November 2004 Sunset
Make and share this Pasta Paella recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 lb clam, in shells small, scrubbed
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp, peeled, deveined and rinsed
- 1⁄2 lb halibut, skinned, rinsed and cut in 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- lemon wedge
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Break pasta into 3-4 lengths and drop into oil. Stir often until golden (6-8 minutes).
- Add onion, garlic and turmeric. Stir until onion is soft (3-4 minutes).
- Stir in broth and tomatoes, including the juice and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the skillet and cover evenly with the artichokes hearts and clams.
- Cover, reduce to medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, fish, and peas evenly over pasta. Cover and cook until clams have opened and fish is opaque at the center (5-8 minutes longer).
- Uncover and cook until pasta has absorbed most of the liquid and is beginning to brown on the bottom (2-4 minutes). Add salt to taste.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.