Cathleen Colbert's Note:
From November 2004 Sunset
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 14 1/2 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 lb clam, in shells small, scrubbed
- 1/2 lb small shrimp, peeled, deveined and rinsed
- 1/2 lb halibut, skinned, rinsed and cut in 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- lemon wedge
- 1Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Break pasta into 3-4 lengths and drop into oil. Stir often until golden (6-8 minutes).
- 3Add onion, garlic and turmeric. Stir until onion is soft (3-4 minutes).
- 4Stir in broth and tomatoes, including the juice and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 5Spread the mixture evenly over the skillet and cover evenly with the artichokes hearts and clams.
- 6Cover, reduce to medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- 7Add shrimp, fish, and peas evenly over pasta. Cover and cook until clams have opened and fish is opaque at the center (5-8 minutes longer).
- 8Uncover and cook until pasta has absorbed most of the liquid and is beginning to brown on the bottom (2-4 minutes). Add salt to taste.
- 9Garnish with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Paella
Serving Size: 1 (598 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.4
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 143.1 mg
- Sodium 656.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 50.1 g