Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
I am not partial to pasta salad, but my husband is,and this one is the only one I truly like.It's from a cookbook titled The Pasta Salad Cookbook. The only changes I made was to slice the mushrooms thickly,and add some Parmesan while mixing it for the final time - and of course, add more to my serving.
- 226.79 g rotelle pasta or 226.79 g pasta, of choice
- 453.59 g mushroom, quartered
- 354.88 ml broccoli, coarsely chopped and blanched
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml light cream
- 236.59 ml canned plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4.92 ml crushed dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml salt, more to taste
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta until al dente,drain and toss with 1 tbl.
- olive oil.
- Heat 3 tbls.
- olive oil in a large skillet,add the mushrooms and saute quickly over high heat until golden Rmove from heat and add cream,tomatoes and seasonings.
- Mix well and cool to room temperature.
- Toss the mushroom,tomato and cream mix with the pasta.
- Add the broccoli just before serving and toss gently again.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust to your liking.
- Serve at room temperature and pass the grated Parmesan separately.
fabulous non meat lunch dish for just me!!!as a rule i do not like recipes with cream but i have been experimenting and this was great!the add-ons are endless and i will try some of my ideas soon...
Hello! :) I made this for dinner last night. It was just me, so I had something great for lunch today. This was so easy and very delicious! I had some mushrooms to use up, and I came upon your recipe. The only thing I forgot to use was the parmesan cheese when it was done and tossed. This would be great cold, I think. This is going in my Just For Me and Past, Pasta! coobooks. Thank you for the awesome dinner.
this was a great success