Recipe by HEP MEP
I am not partial to pasta salad, but my husband is,and this one is the only one I truly like.It's from a cookbook titled The Pasta Salad Cookbook. The only changes I made was to slice the mushrooms thickly,and add some Parmesan while mixing it for the final time - and of course, add more to my serving.
Top Review by kimbearly
fabulous non meat lunch dish for just me!!!as a rule i do not like recipes with cream but i have been experimenting and this was great!the add-ons are endless and i will try some of my ideas soon...
- 8 ounces rotelle pasta or 8 ounces pasta, of choice
- 1 lb mushroom, quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli, coarsely chopped and blanched
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup canned plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until al dente,drain and toss with 1 tbl.
- olive oil.
- Heat 3 tbls.
- olive oil in a large skillet,add the mushrooms and saute quickly over high heat until golden Rmove from heat and add cream,tomatoes and seasonings.
- Mix well and cool to room temperature.
- Toss the mushroom,tomato and cream mix with the pasta.
- Add the broccoli just before serving and toss gently again.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust to your liking.
- Serve at room temperature and pass the grated Parmesan separately.