Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Makes an excellent potluck dish. Great for warm weather. Serves 6 to 8 as main course or 12 as antipasto or salad. Time is a guess and does not include overnight standing for salad.
- 1 1⁄2 cups stuffed green olives, drained, chopped, juice reserved
- 1 cup Greek olive, pitted & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 cup giardiniera, drained and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- dried red pepper flakes
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 1⁄4 lb mortadella, thinly sliced and julliened
- 1⁄8 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced and julliened
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese or 1⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami, thinly sliced
- Greek olive (to garnish)
- Combine chopped olives, olive juice, pimiento, gardiniera, garlic, anchovies, capers, parsley, oregano. crushed red pepper and olive oil. Let stand overnight.
- Cook pasta until very al dente. Drain and toss in large bowl with olive salad mixture. Cool to room temperature, occasionally stirring pasta to coat thoroughly.
- Add meats and cheeses to pasta. Serve with salami on side and garnish with a few whole olives.