Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from one of the Campbell soup books. As usual I changed to suit my own tastes, and have tried to cut down on sodium and fat where possible
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup with basil & oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 cups shell pasta
- In a skillet brown ground turkey (beef) with seasonings (black pepper, basil, oregano, and garlic.
- Meanwhile cook pasta to a little under el dente.
- In a 2 quart oblong casserole dish add ground turkey, 1 cup of mozzarella, water and soup.For the soup I use low sodium or low fat (they dont sell them with both).
- Sir together to mix.
- Add pasta and stir to incorporate.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minute or until bubbly.
- Let sit 5 minutes and then serve.
Yummy! I used diced tomatoes rather than tomato soup and used rotini noodles. We like the low fat/low sodium soups too to make it healthier. We enjoyed it alot and will make it again! /thanks for this easy dinner recipe for this busy family of 5!
I used 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni,and about 1.3lb turkey. Also used plain tomato soup but added a bit more of the suggested seasonings. Came out very good and was easy to prepare. Served with broccoli on the side. Would like to try with other cheeses and maybe a different "cream of" soup. Also going to try subbing the healthier varieties of soup (low-fat, low-sodium, etc.). Thanks!
Very good and easy-to-make. I made a few changes though based on what I had by using regular tomato soup and cheddar cheese (instead of the mozzarella) with wonderful results. Will definitely make this again - next time using the mozzarella as in the directions. Thanks for sharing!