Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Discovered this when trying to work out what to do with some antipasto jars I had bought.
Make and share this Pasta & Mixed Peppers With Walnut & Lemon Pesto recipe from Food.com.
FOR THE WALNUT PESTO
- 25 g walnut pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large lemon, zest of
- 25 g fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
FOR THE PASTA
- 2 small red onions, quartered and separated into pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g pasta, shapes
- 250 g mixed peppers, antipasto drained and sliced
- 50 g vegetarian parmesan cheese, finely grated, plus extra shavings to serve
- Make the pesto. Put the walnuts, garlic and lemon zest in a food processor and whizz until finely chopped. Add the parsley, then drizzle the oil down the feed tube and whizz to combine everything together. Season to taste.
- Preheat the grill to high. Tip the onions into a grill pan, sprinkle with 1 tbsp oil, then toss to coat. Arrange them in a single layer and grill for 6-8 minutes until lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions until just tender - it won't swell as much as wheat pasta, so taste a piece to check that it's just tender.
- Drain the pasta in a colander. Tip the pesto, onions and peppers into the pasta pan and put back on the heat. Stir for a few moments, then add the pasta and then the cheese. Season and serve straight away, scattered with the cheese shavings.