This is my favorite thing at Macaroni Grill. My cousin found this recipe for me and I can't tell you how many times I have made it.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 36 ounces bow tie pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- parmesan cheese
- Wash and dry chicken breasts.
- Mix garlic powder, salt, and pepper and sprinkle on chicken.
- Grill chicken on the stove top in a skillet or outside on the barbecue grill, until it is done all the way through.
- Set chicken aside.
- Place pasta in salted boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile saute the mushrooms and tomatoes in butter until soft.
- Place heavy cream, roasted garlic, pepper, salt, and parmesan cheese in food processsor and puree.
- Place cream mixture in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Mix in mushrooms and tomatoes and add to the cooked pasta.
- Slice the grilled chicken and place on top of the pasta.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve with salad and garlic bread.
The best! Our family loves it! 36 ounces of bow tie pasta was a lot so I am reducing it to 24 oz. the next time I make it. There was so much pasta, that the sauce wouldn't go very far.
Here are a couple tips that will help you make this wonderful recipe:
-24 oz. of bow tie pasta instead of 36 oz.
-Use jar of sundried tomatoes that come in olive oil and come in a jar (dried ones that come in a bag are just too tough to cut and don't seem as flavorful)
-Use roasted garlic that comes in a jar
-Buy heavy cream, not heavy whipping cream
Really great recipe... I took the advice of some other users and added more garlic (I used two bulbs... I'm of the belief you can never have too much garlic), and I used sun dried tomatoes in olive oil... and it was fantastic. Just as good (possibly better) than Macaroni Grill's.
I made this for dinner last night for my family and they loved it. I used to work at Macaroni Grill as a Chef, the Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce comes prepared so I never learned the recipe. The only complaint that I have is to make the sauce more like the sauce at Macaroni Grill it needs more garlic. It tasted great as is though. Thanks.