Recipe by Manami
This is perfect for a midnight snack! That is the meaning of the title. However, this too can be used as a main meal with a robust green salad and hot baked bread, what more could you ask for? This comes from Emerils.com. Update - 06/19/2008 remade this several times and I cut the olive oil down by 1/4 cup and increased the red-pepper flakes and fresh parmigiano.
Top Review by HRH Mom
I saw him made this on his show before and have made it many times since. Definitely yummy. You can use spaghetti, but he said he used angel hair because it cooks quickly. I usually add in some frozen spinach that I have defrosted.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- Add a generous amount of salt to the water and then add the pasta.
- Cook the pasta, according to package directions, until al dente.
- Drain pasta and set aside; it will only take a few minutes to prepare sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-heat.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and saute until fragrant and garlic is just beginning to turn golden.
- DO NOT LET GARLIC BURN!
- Add pasta to skillet, and then add parsley and cheese.
- Toss together until the pasta is coated with sauce.
- Serve immediately.