Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in The American Vegetarian Cookbook. It's easy and very good!
Make and share this Pasta Mexicana recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb spinach pasta (green)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium avocado, peeled seeded and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup minced cilantro or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse under cold water and set into large, shallow serving bowl.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado to serving bowl.
- Combine salsa, oil, oregano, cumin, chili powder and cayenne to taste.
- Mix well, then pour over pasta.
- Add cilantro and toss gently to distribute vegetables evenly.