Leslie O's Note:
I found this recipe in The American Vegetarian Cookbook. It's easy and very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb spinach pasta (green)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium avocado, peeled seeded and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup minced cilantro or 1/4-1/2 cup minced parsley
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2Rinse under cold water and set into large, shallow serving bowl.
- 3Add tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado to serving bowl.
- 4Combine salsa, oil, oregano, cumin, chili powder and cayenne to taste.
- 5Mix well, then pour over pasta.
- 6Add cilantro and toss gently to distribute vegetables evenly.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Mexicana
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.5
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 558.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 13.9 g