Leslie O's Note:
I found this recipe in The American Vegetarian Cookbook. It's easy and very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb spinach pasta (green)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium avocado, peeled seeded and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup minced cilantro or 1/4-1/2 cup minced parsley
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2Rinse under cold water and set into large, shallow serving bowl.
- 3Add tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado to serving bowl.
- 4Combine salsa, oil, oregano, cumin, chili powder and cayenne to taste.
- 5Mix well, then pour over pasta.
- 6Add cilantro and toss gently to distribute vegetables evenly.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Mexicana
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.5
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 558.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 13.9 g