Recipe by Mirj
Lots of beans here, a good source of fiber and protein, excellent for vegetarians and vegans.
Top Review by Judith N.
What a great salad! Neither vegetarian or vegan but loved the sound of all ingredients and they surely came together well. Will be a staple in my salad recipe file. Thanks for sharing Mirj. Tweeky, a.k.a Judi
- 8 ounces penne or 8 ounces mostaccioli pasta or 8 ounces rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, beans, corn, onion, bell pepper, cilantro and parsley.
- In a separate bowl, combine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, cumin, cayenne and black pepper.
- Slowly whisk oil into vinegar mixture.
- Add vinegar mixture to pasta and stir well.
- Serve well-chilled.