Recipe by jovigirl
Since making this recipe, I've got to say that it is lacking something in flavor. I hadn't made it when I posted it yet. The broth needs some kind of kick to it. I added more tomato sauce and pepper but that just didn't do it either. If you find a good addition please post it in a review. Thanks! (found in Easy Home Cooking)
Top Review by LoriInIndiana
My results were about the same as yours, Jovigirl. I tried to kick this up some by adding additional spices (Italian blend), more onions, etc. It turned out pretty well, but still needs something..... Wish I could figure out what it is because it's so simple! Thanks!
- 10 ounces lean ground sirloin
- 5 tablespoons acini di pepe pasta, divided
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ground breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef, 2 tbsps pasta, bread crumbs, egg, 1 tbsp parsley, 1/2 tsp basil, salt, pepper and garlic in medium bowl. Form into 28-30 1-inch meatballs.
- Bring broth, tomato sauce, onion and remaining 1/2 tsp basil to a boil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Carefully add meatballs to broth.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- Add remaining 3 tbsp pasta; cook 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Garnish with remaining parsley.