Recipe by iewe
Found this on the Kraft website. A great way to sneak veggies into your kid's dinner!! Quick and easy to put together. Even better -- one pot/skillet!
Top Review by flower7
This was really easy, makes a ton, and I love the one pot aspect and not having to cook separate pasta. And to top it all off, it tastes good too! I used ground lamb instead of beef and a triple mushroom pasta sauce (more veg!) Also used whole wheat rotini. The carrot seemed to add a subtle sweetness which was great. Because I expect to be eating leftovers of this for a few days (at least!) I did not stir the cheese in at the end but will save it for when I reheat the leftovers and add it then. Thanks so much for the recipe iewe!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 3 cups water
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in large skillet.
- Water, vegetables, spaghetti sauce and pasta. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 20 min., stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cheese just before serving.
- TIP: If not using extra lean ground beef, you will probably want to drain the ground beef and return to skillet before adding in the rest of the ingredients for step 2.