The toppings of this pasta are the same as used on the traditional pizza. This makes for a quick, meatless main dish.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 16 ounces packaged cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup preshredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Place in large bowl.
- While pasta cooks, combine basil, garlic, onions, and tomatoes in food processor. Pulse 10 times or until coarsely chopped. Add Parmesan to pasta, stirring until cheese melts.
- Stir in tomato mixture, olive oil, salt, pepper. Toss gently to coat pasta. Top with diced mozzarella.
in addition to my review: I didn't put the ingredients in step 2 in the food processor...I sliced the cherry tomatoes in half as stated in the recipe just didn't process...