Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
This is a spicy sesame linguine that pairs well with Thai food. If you can't find spicy sesame linguine, any fine noodle can be substituted.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili paste with garlic
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 4 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 (12 ounce) bagof spicy sesame linguine
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a large pot of water on to boil for pasta.
- Combine sauce ingredients and gently heat. Stir until thickened.
- Toast sesame seeds in a small fry pan until fragrant. Do not over brown.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta until tender but firm. Drain.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.