Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is such a yummy dish and so easy to make, I discovered it when all we had in the house was vegetables, pasta, olive oil, a lemon, some spices, and yogurt. (I didn't end up using the yogurt, but somebody ate it, so it didn't matter.) This is very healthy, and makes four huge servings! P.S: I'm not sure exactly of cooking time. Go by your instincts on this one!
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow zucchini
- 2 medium six to seven inch ears of corn
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Cut the zucchini into medium thick coins.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the kernels off the corn cob and into a bowl with the zucchini. Mix them together with some salt, pepper, and a teaspoon of oil, then put in a large frying pan over maximum heat.
- Allow the vegetables to cook while you prepare the pasta. In a large bowl, mix the noodles with the olive oil, lemon, salt, pepper, and more of the herbs.
- Continue to stir the vegetables, making sure they don't stick or burn. When the zucchini is translucent and the corn kernels turn brown around the edges, they are almost done. Reduce the heat and mix in the pasta, making sure to combine the vegetables and noodles evenly.
- When the pasta and veggies are fully mixed, turn off the burner and scoop the food onto four plates. Each plate will have a little more than two cups of food, more than half vegetables.
This was a nice pasta dish on a hectic night. I only had about an hour to get this dinner on the table before we had to leave for parent/teacher conferences and this recipe truly fit the bill. I followed the ingredients and then added in sliced smoked sausage and followed the rest of the directions precisely. I really thought that my husband was going to be disappointed because he doesn't like pasta dishes without sauces, but he really loved it and asked me to make it again for the family reunion this summer. He said his whole family would really love it. I'm sure this will be made frequently on hectic nights. Thank you Baking*Belle! Made for PAC Spring 2014.