Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is an excellent side dish for lobster but could be served with any meat. It goes well with the hearts of palm salad I have listed. Round it out with the Elvis Presley cake and you have a great "Florida Keys" meal. Quick, easy, and tasty.
- 1 lb brie cheese, torn into pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 4 cloves garlic or 4 teaspoons already minced garlic (in a jar. Much easier)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 lb penne rigate
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except pasta.
- Let mixture set at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Toss pasta with brie mixture.
- The heat from the pasta melts the cheese and helps coat the pasta with all the yummy stuff.
My new favourite pasta! This is no cook, no hassle, perfect for summer cooking. Based on brie cheese, sun dried tomatoes and artichokes, which are just tossed with cooked pasta, to melt. I actually used taleggio cheese, which is very similar to brie. My husband thought it was bit too taleggioey. I didn't.