Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
hearty creamy pasta with sausage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage, skinned
- 12 mushrooms, chopped thickly
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipped cream
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta or 1 lb mostoccoli pasta
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Sauté sausage over high heat until browned, breaking into small pieces with back of spoon (about 12 minutes).
- Remove sausage and drain. Pour off all but on TBS of drippings. Add onion and sauté until light brown (about 6 minutes).
- Add cream and mushrooms, then boil for 5 minutes.
- Add broth and boil until reduced to sauce consistency, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Return sausage to pot.
- Cook pasta until tender. Meanwhile, bring sauce to simmer over medium heat. Add peas and mascarpone and simmer until peas are tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Add to sauce; toss to coat. Mix in Parmesan cheese with salt and pepper as desired.