Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is adapted from a recipe I found on AOL recipes. My kids love this! Time to prepare does not include time to cook macaroni.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon extra spicy mixed herbs
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounces reduced-fat smoked turkey sausage, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions.
- Spray a large pot with nonstick spray. Heat the pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, green pepper,and garlic and saute about 5 minutes.
- Add the herb seasoning blend and saute 1 minute more.
- Add beans, tomatoes, and smoked sausage. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmmer for 10 minutes or until thick.
- Add the cooked macaroni. Mix well.
- Serve with shredded cheese on top.