Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty main dish for everyone in the family
- 1⁄2 cup crisco canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small red onion, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sun-dried tomato, minced
- 1 roasted red pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 8 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausage, sliced into 1/4 inch slices (or other spicy smoked sausage)
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 cup fresh spinach, stems removed
- 16 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine, cooked according to package directions, drained
- Heat Crisco oil and butter in large saute pan.
- Add onion, garlic, sun-dried tomato and roasted red bell pepper.
- Saute until garlic is fragrant but not brown, about five minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except fettuccine and saute until thoroughly heated, about 5-6 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add fettuccine and toss well.
- Pour onto warmed serving platter.
This was great and we will make it again, but we made a couple of alterations to the recipe, and would make more. In an effort to reduce the fat, we used less sausage and more chicken, we also reduced the butter and oil by heaps and used light cream to finish it to give it a sauce. In future, we would add the fresh tomatoes and spinach about 1 minute before the dish was finished as they cooked away quite a bit more than we'd have liked. But, this tasted fantastic, and is made with things we always have on hand in the fridge or pantry, so a real winner for us and in a way, worthy of 5 stars.