Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is such a great comfort food. Easy enough for a week-night, yet good enough for a special occasion.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was just OK for us. I followed the recipe as written other then I used light cream. I used italian seasoning instead of just basil. We thought it needed more flavor. We did add salt and pepper and liked it a bit more. Not sure what it as missing but it was missing something for us.
- 226.79 g penne or 226.79 g elbow macaroni
- 411.06 g candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh basil or 4.92 ml dried basil
- 177.44 ml whipping cream
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in skillet, cook tomatoes over medium high heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; wait a few minutes and then add basil and cream.
- Heat through.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Toss with pasta and and cheese.
- Serve immediately.