Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is such a great comfort food. Easy enough for a week-night, yet good enough for a special occasion.
- 226.79 g penne or 226.79 g elbow macaroni
- 411.06 g candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh basil or 4.92 ml dried basil
- 177.44 ml whipping cream
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in skillet, cook tomatoes over medium high heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; wait a few minutes and then add basil and cream.
- Heat through.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Toss with pasta and and cheese.
- Serve immediately.
This was just OK for us. I followed the recipe as written other then I used light cream. I used italian seasoning instead of just basil. We thought it needed more flavor. We did add salt and pepper and liked it a bit more. Not sure what it as missing but it was missing something for us.
Great pasta dish, perfect for a last minute fix with no meat defrosted. Personally I would reduce the cream next time, though my daughter thought it was delicious as is. I didn't have any penne, just bow ties. Thanks for posting.
We enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. It's great if you're in a hurry. When you have a little more time, adding a half pound of Italian Sausage makes this an extra tasty dish. Thanks!