Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is such a great comfort food. Easy enough for a week-night, yet good enough for a special occasion.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was just OK for us. I followed the recipe as written other then I used light cream. I used italian seasoning instead of just basil. We thought it needed more flavor. We did add salt and pepper and liked it a bit more. Not sure what it as missing but it was missing something for us.
- 8 ounces penne or 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in skillet, cook tomatoes over medium high heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; wait a few minutes and then add basil and cream.
- Heat through.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Toss with pasta and and cheese.
- Serve immediately.