Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I found this very easy to prepare, I cut the recipe for 2 for a lovely dinner. I might add red pepper flakes another time for a little heat in the sauce, but otherwise, enjoyed this very much, thank you! Made for FFF Think Pink 2014
- 4 red bell peppers, charred and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped canned tomatoes in puree
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely shredded fontina
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 lb imported pasta shells (conchiglie rigate)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a boil in a big pot.
- Halve the peppers, remove the seeds, and puree them in a blender; you should have about 1 cup puree.
- In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients except the pasta and butter.
- Parboil the pasta for 4 minutes; drain and add to the ingredients in the bowl; tossing to combine.
- Divide the pasta mixture among 6-8 individual, shallow, ceramic gratin dishes (1 ½ to 2 cups capacity).
- Dot with butter and bake until bubbly and brown on top, about 7-10 minutes.