Recipe by *Parsley*
Adapted from the back of a pasta bag.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
Really good! I was worried that the blue cheese flavor might be too strong, but it was really nice (if you really love blue cheese, you may even want to add more). I added some fresh, chopped spinach leaves for color, and I didn't use the full amount of pasta (I like a lot of sauce). As noted by other reviewers, the sauce will seem too thin at first, but it thickens considerably if you let it sit for a few minutes after adding the pasta. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled danish blue cheese, can use any blue cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- While pasta cooks, melt the butter in a large skillet over low-med heat. Saute the onion, garlic and mushrooms for about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the blue cheese; stir until melted.
- Add chicken broth and lemon juice; simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Combine cooked, drained pasta and the sauce; toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and chives and serve.