Recipe by andypandy
This is simple, while you are making your salad, slicing the bread, pouring your wine, and setting the table, your meal will be made all in twenty minutes. This does not come out starchy, it cooked exactly right. Give it a try in your rice cooker soon. Please remember the sauce you use should be the one that you like the best. Measure accurately the water, sauce, and the pasta. Do not think heaping is the same as two cups, if you do, then you are risking a starchy saucey result. Also I have used rigatoni and penne always with good result.
Top Review by Gerry
Wow! That Pasta in a Rice Cooker is AWESOME. My first attempt using this method and am so impressed with the end result. Perfect pasta in twenty minutes - no mess no fuss - and no left overs. Will be making up packets of the hamburger and keep sauce on hand for those times when I need a good meal in a hurry. Now if only I had picked up a bottle of white wine to go with that lovely pasta! Thank you for recipe that is so a repeatable.
- 2 cups water or 2 cups broth, of choice
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cooked ground beef (optional) or 1⁄4 cup bulk cooked hot sausage (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 cup romano cheese
- 2 cups uncooked rigatoni pasta or 2 cups penne
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all in rice cooker in order given, and stir once. Add the salt depending on the saltiness of the cheese you are using, salt is an option.
- Close lid and flip the switch to on.
- When cooker turns off, open stir, and close again leave on warm for two or three minutes or until ready to serve.
- I pan fry any bulk meat and freeze in 1/4 cup pack size, and also pack sauce into 1 cup size. Then if I want this I just take it out earlier in the day and defrost, that way this is always something to make.