Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Feel free to experiment, especially with what kind of pasta to use.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (Prego traditional is good)
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces shell macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb sliced provolone cheese
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onion, garlic, spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, and undrained mushrooms.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Cook macaroni as directed and run under cold water.
- Layer 1/2 macaroni in 9x13 inch pan.
- Cover with 1/2 of meat sauce.
- Spread 1/2 of sour cream over meat.
- Top with 1/2 of each type of cheese.
- Repeat- macaroni, meat sauce, sour cream, and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, covered.
- Uncover and bake for 20 minutes.
Oh, and I usually double the recipe and bake it in either a large pot (hence the name) or a dutch oven.
I have no idea why this recipe is called pasta in a pot. How about Italian goulash ;-) This recipe was great!!!! I thought that the mixture of everything including the sour cream was so good! I was not able to buy the brick of Provolove since it is a country store that I had gone to so I used shredded mozarella and an italian shred combined. I served this with garlic cheese bread too. This recipe is a keeper. Thank you, Bec