Recipe by J-mo Smith
This was one of those left-over improvs that turned up just perfect it got good feedback from my mum and my bro (a major good-review as he's hard to please with greens). Campbell’s soup along with some Chilli-cheese makes brilliant pasta sauce. Combined with some healthy greens and smoked sausage it makes an original tasting meal in pretty quick and easy fashion, the numerous ingredients are flexible so fire away. Feedback welcome!
- 500 g pasta, I used penne
- 150 g smoked pork sausage, sliced
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 leek (or equal amount of spring onions for more kick)
- 1 big yellow pepper
- 100 g green beans
- 100 g sweetcorn
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed mushroom soup
- 100 -150 g cheese with green chili peppers, diced finely (cheddar and diced chilli or chilli powder are good alternatives if you can't get this food from your)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut vegetables according to preference (1cm pieces recommended).
- Bring pasta to the boil with oil and a little salt, cook according to taste.
- Fry German sausage with onions or leeks for 5 minutes.
- Add soup, cheese and a little boiling water, stir until well-mixed.
- Add other vegetables and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve straight off, parmesan can be added for flavour.