Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This salad is the perfect choice for a family gathering or pot luck. A pasta salad with ham, fresh grapes, cheese, and a creamy dill dressing. There isn't any reason you couldn't add other favorite salad ingredients...small grape tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, etc. Or...How about cubed grilled chicken and pineapple tibbits? The variations are endless...so please leave your suggestions...I love salads and variety.
- 1 3⁄4 cups farfalle pasta
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups green seedless grapes, halved
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain, and rinse in cold water.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, cider vinegar, mustard, sugar, black pepper, dill weed, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, grapes, ham, green onions, and cheese. Toss with dressing. Cover, and chill overnight or for at least 6 hours.
I haven't made this recipe yet, but I had a salad just like this at a family gathering. It is so delicious, i am so glad i found the recipe. Don't shy away from the unlikely pairing of ingredients...they work amazing together!!!!