Recipe by - Carla -
This is another recipe I'm sure you will enjoy. It is a quick and easy recipe to prepare, which is great for a weeknight dinner.
Top Review by Southern Bug
Excellent dish! My boyfriend made this for us last nite and he thought it was really easy to do. I liked the crunchy topping especially. There were a ton of leftovers, so we both have lunch today. We used the fat free 1/2 & 1/2, still turned out nice and creamy. Tuna could also be substituted for the ham next time.
- 16 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cooked smoked ham, cubed
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh rosemary (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a shallow 3 quart baking dish.
- Begin cooking pasta according to package directions.
- During the last few minutes of cooking the pasta - stir in the frozen peas and cook 1 minute or until the pasta is slightly under done and the peas have thawed.
- Drain and return to the pot.
- Add cream, ham, Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, rosemary and freshly ground black pepper and toss until well blended.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly over the pasta.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and golden brown on top.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!