Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came from my Out Of Our League cookbook by The Junior League of Greensboro, North Carolina. I haven't tried it yet but it looks good. I may add a few pinches of red pepper flakes to kick it up. Will edit again after I make this. It says you can do ahead and can freeze, also says it is ideal for a buffet.
- 2 lbs ground beef, browned in olive oil, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 (1 lb) can tomatoes, chopped
- sharp cheddar cheese, and
- swiss cheese
- 8 ounces thin spinach noodles, cooked, drained
- mushroom (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first 9 ingredients to make sauce. In 9x13 casserole dish, layer spinach noodels, sauce and cheese, ending with sauce and cheese topping.
- Heat in oven until bubbly approxiamtely 25-35 minutes.