Recipe by KathyP53
This is a variation on a Martha Stewart recipe. The mushrooms and boursin cheese make it delicious.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3⁄4 cup coarse fresh breadcrumb (use a rustic-type bread)
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 ounces boursin cheese, divided in half
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms (use a variety)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook penne pasta according to package instruction to al dente stage. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk milk, flour, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil, whisking often. Add half of Boursin cheese, and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Coat six 10 oz. gratin dishes with butter. Set on a rimmed baking sheet at least 1" apart.
- Toss mushroom, pasta and cheese sauce mixture in a large bowl. Divide among prepared gratin dishes. Sprinkle each with bread crumbs and dot with remaining Boursin cheese.
- Cover each dish with foil. Bake until mushrooms are tender, 25-30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake until breadcrumbs are browned, about 7 minutes more. Transfer to wire rack. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.