Recipe by Xexe
You can use frozen chopped spinach instead of fresh leaf spinach. Also, you can leave out the pine nuts, but it won't taste the same.
Top Review by Wendy13
This was an EXCELLENT, restaurant quality dish!!! We loved it. I followed the recipe exactly using fresh spinach. The only thing I did differently was to cut the tomatoes into smaller pieces. This is definately worth a try and a great dish for company too. It makes a lot....4 large, 6 medium size servings. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 ounces minced garlic
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (In Oil)
- 1 ounce pine nuts
- 10 ounces cleaned spinach leaves
- 2 lbs plum tomatoes, quartered, seeded
- 1 lb penne, cooked al dente
- 2 ounces romano cheese
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a skillet and cook pine nuts until golden brown.
- Add spinach and garlic cook until slightly wilted.
- Add plum tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Bring this to a boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and stir until well mixed.
- Cook until heated and add cheeses.
- Taste and adjust seasonings and serve hot.