Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is a delicious and fruity side dish! I got it from my cousin Bill, who says every time he brings it somewhere he gets bombarded with requests for the recipe. I can see why! The serving size is an estimate. It makes a lot! The cooking time includes the time to refrigerate overnight.
- Drain the fruit, saving the juices.
- Combine fruit juices with sugar, salt, flour, and eggs.
- Cook until the mixture boils, stirring often so you don't scramble the eggs; remove from heat.
- As this cooks, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Pour the still warm cooked fruit juice over hot pasta and stir.
- Let come to room temperature, then refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the Cool Whip to the refrigerator to soften for the next day.
- The next day, combine the Cool Whip and all the fruit.
- Keeps for a week.
- TIPS: You may want to add about 1/2 the container of Cool Whip to the fruit to start with, then add more if it's too dry.
- You may also want to drain the fruit again right before you add it, this time NOT adding the juices to the mixture.
My family loves this!! I did not use pineapple -- because my husband does not like it so I just substitued more mandarine oranges. Yummy. Thanks so much for this fine and easy recipe! :-)
Love this recipe! It would have been better if I'd had the pasta the recipe calls for. I could not readily find the pasta and improvised with tiny sea shells. The larger pasta put too much focus/taste on pasta vs fruit. Did not have the tapioca consistency mentioned by Peggy Lynn. Look forward to making again with the pasta called for.
Kree this is absolutely delicious!Went together like a dream, everything done in stages--and tastes out of this world.The only change I might make in the future would be the addition of a few more cherries(but I'm a cherry fiend)otherwise no change--I cooked the pasta for six mins and it was perfect. It gave the taste and texture of tapioca--very good--I'd give you ten stars if I could and by the way I think I'm addicted:)Good Stuff!!!!!!!