Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This will satisfy even the strongest desire for something hot and spicy. It's definitley a dish made to "wow." This recipe is originally from a "star chef" cookbook that I have lost, but this recipe has remained.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 yellow onion, diced small
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped habanero peppers
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 lb fettuccine, cooked
- 3 oranges, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons lime juice (2 limes)
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat; sauté the onions and bell pepper for 4 minutes.
- Add the bananas, pineapple, and orange juices; simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until bananas are soft.
- Remove from heat; add the lime juice, cilantro, peppers (or Inner Beauty hot sauce), and 3 Tbs. of the Parmesan; mix well.
- Add butter and pasta to the pan; cooked until heated through. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve pasta with remaining Parmesan as garnish.