Recipe by Mamie37
Very versatile sweet dough...use with Almond Tart recipe which is among mine posted. From a booklet given to me by Alitalia Airlines.
Top Review by jenny butt
I made this pastry for an apple/rhubarb/cherry pie (I used "Recipe#60390") for afternoon tea at work. It was devoured.......a great hit and all gone in no time flat........everyone wanted the recipe for the wonderful pastry......I will use this again...thanks for posting.....Jenny B
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 freshly grated lemons, zest of or 1 orange
- 1⁄2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and zest.
- Cut in the butter, until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add the egg and the vanilla and toss the mixture until incorporated.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead very lightly, forming into a disk.
- Chill, wrapped in plastic at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Let the dough stand at room temperature until softened, but still firm enough to roll out.