1/2 Photos of Pasta Frittata With Mushrooms
Leftover pasta has never tasted so good! It is so good in fact, you may find yourself making extra pasta just to make this dish! The cool thing about this recipe is that the Frittata can be made ahead of time! It can sit at room temperature for about 3 hours before serving! Original recipe is by Mark Strausman, author of The Campagna Table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 lb white mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cups spaghetti in tomato sauce
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto (if using bacon, blanch it first in boiling water for a few minutes, then rinse and drain) or 2 ounces lean bacon (if using bacon, blanch it first in boiling water for a few minutes, then rinse and drain) or 2 ounces black forest ham, finely chopped (if using bacon, blanch it first in boiling water for a few minutes, then rinse and drain)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In a medium skillet, melt butter along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over moderately high heat. Add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and continue stirring for about 2 minutes. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add the spaghetti in tomato sauce, prosciutto or other dried cured ham product, cream and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Add the lightly beaten eggs and toss the mixture until it is evenly distributed. .
- 4Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large ovenproof or cast iron skillet until shimmering. Swirl to coat sides and pour in the frittata mixture, spreading it evenly. Cook over moderately high heat until the frittata is barely set on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan over the top.
- 5Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until it is firm in the center and cooked through.
- 6Remove from oven and run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the frittata from the sides. Place a large round plate or platter over the top of the pan and flip the skillet and platter. Use oven mitts as the skillet will be hot. Serve it cut into wedges, hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Frittata With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.0
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 482.3 mg
- Sodium 345.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spaghetti in tomato sauce