Recipe by spatchcock
Very simple pasta recipe.
Top Review by Gypsy_mo
I loved this dish! It was packed with flavour, quick, simple to make and just an all-round perfect meal. The combination of ingredients is great because they complemented each other without fighting to dominate your tastebuds. They just worked together to make the meal delicious! Thank you.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large shallots or 2 small onions, diced
- 1 cup walnut pieces or 1 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 12 medium tomatoes, diced or 2 (28 ounce) cansitalian roma tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and coarsely sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried chilies or 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1 lb fresh pasta or 1 lb dry pasta, any style or flavor
- 4 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated just before serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 12 cups of water and 1 teaspoons of salt to a boil in a large pot.
- At the same time, in another large pot over medium-high heat, add 1/4 cup olive oil along with the garlic, shallots, and walnuts.
- Stir occasionally for 6 minutes, or until they just begin turning golden.
- Add the basil and stir for 30 seconds (to release their flavors).
- Add tomatoes, olives, remaining salt, pepper, chile pepper, and remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add yellow cherry tomatoes at the end.
- While sauce is simmering, add pasta to the boiling water.
- Cook according to package directions.
- Drain pasta.
- Add pasta to sauce in pot.
- Toss thoroughly.
- Put pasta pot directly on the table, or transfer to a large pre-warmed serving bowl.
- Serve with Parmesan.