Recipe by aviva
This pasta tastes as good as a restaurant. Easy to make, but very rich to eat. I've made this for just my family and also for a party of about 40 people. It gets rave reviews. I originally got this recipe from a cooking class, but I made a couple of changes.
Top Review by najwa
My husband loved this! Very easy, it took me only 15 minutes to get this on the table .. I had macaroni on hand and used it, so this looked like mac & cheese, but it still tasted great .. I made the entire sauce recipe and used only about half, so I will reduce it next time, thanks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder (chipotle chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can evaporated skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (2% or skim is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces roasted garlic cheese rolls, shredded (1 cup, I use Hoffmann's)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 lb belleflour pasta, cooked al dente and drained (I use Barilla Campanelle pasta)
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Combine flour, dry mustard, chipotle chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir with whisk flour mixture into melted butter, and cook for about 1 minute or until bubbly.
- Slowly add evaporated milk, stirring to combine, then add regular milk as stirring.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken.
- The fattier the milk, the thicker the sauce.
- Add cheeses and reduce heat to low; cook stirring frequently until sauce thickens.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Pour cheese sauce over cooked pasta.
- Stir in peas.
- Serve at once.
- If desired, top with buttered bread crumbs and bake in 350 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes to brown topping.
- (I never do this step.).