Recipe by KelBel
This is a unique combination of flavors that includes pine nuts, garlic, walnut, raisin, pesto and olive oil. It is sweet, salty, nutty and a little spicy.
Top Review by Northwest Transplant
I made this a while back and LOVED it! Since I'm not a fan of anchovies, I omitted these. Other than this omission I followed the recipe and was completely satisfied! Thanks KelBel for such a wonderful recipe!!
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 -5 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped & toasted
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 lb spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic and anchovies; sauté over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes; be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the nuts, raisins, pesto and pepper. Simmer on low heat for 4 to 5 minutes, cover and remove from the heat.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Transfer the pasta into a warm serving bowl.
- Starting with 1/2 cup foriana mixture, toss into pasta. Add more to your taste. Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
- This sauce will dress 2 pounds or more of pasta, depending on taste.