Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fresh Pasta Sheets
- 6 cups unbleached flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 cup warm water, as needed
- 3 egg yolks, for making the ravioli
- Making fresh pasta is an art, so don't be discouraged. Place all but 1/4 cup flour into a large food processor. Beat eggs, oil, salt and 1/2 cup warm water together. Add this mixture to flour gradually. Add more water if needed. The dough should be malleable enough to knead but your fingers should pull away clean.
- Transfer from food processor to a marble or wood surface. Dust with flour and begin to knead until you have worked out all lumps and have a smooth pliable dough. Let stand for a few hours before rolling out.
- Making the Ravioli
- Roll out pasta using a hand crank pasta roller until you reach setting 1.5 (between 1/8 to 1/16 inch). Coat pasta with the egg yolk mixture. Add 1 tablespoon of filling for each ravioli and seal with top layer.
- Boil the ravioli in salted water. When the ravioli float to the top, they're ready. Add to the sage brown butter. Garnish with pecorino Romano.