Recipe by English_Rose
Pasta with a creamy, garlicky, winey sauce and spinach make a simple meal for two. Serve with garlic bread.
Top Review by Vermonter (at heart)
Was looking for a new way to use spinach, but didn't care for this. The wine and lemon flavor combo was overpowering. Also, the sauce didn't thicken and was very runny. 2 stars instead of 1 because I will eat the leftovers, but I won't be making this again.
- 10 ounces spaghetti or 10 ounces other pastas
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 7 ounces Baby Spinach, shredded
- 2 eggs, fried (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as per instructions.
- Meanwhile place the lemon juice, wine, cream and garlic in small saucepan and simmer gently. Add the spinach.
- When the spinach has wilted, remove sauce from heat.
- Drain the pasta and combine with the sauce.
- Spoon the pasta into a large, shallow bowl.
- Top with the fried eggs, if desired, and serve.