Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A different version. This recipe is one we want to try..
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups Crisco
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons whiskey
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (2 lb) jar apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and Crisco in large bowl. Add sugar gradually.
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and whisky. Mix flour and baking powder.
- Add to cream mixture alternately with milk mixture. Mix well.
- Reserve 1/4 of the pastry.
- Press into greased jelly roll pan. Spread preserves of pastry. roll out reserved pastry on floured surface. Cut into strips. Arrange strips over preserves. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cup into small squares.
Made & reviewed for ZWT 4 ~ Kumquat's Kookin' Kaboodles! This is a lovely recipe & I am so glad that I tried it! I used margarine instead of Crisco & also used apple juice in place of the whiskey but the finished cake was moist & a lovely texture. DH, myself & our guests really loved this with our afternoon coffee yesterday. Thanks Kimberley for another super recipe! :)