Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The pretty bell peppers provide a rainbow of colorful cups for serving up theis tomato-herb pasta dish.
- 6 medium red peppers or 6 medium green peppers or 6 medium yellow peppers
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Place whole peppers on a broiler pan; broil 6 inches from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until skins are blistered and blackened, turning often.
- Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skins.
- Carefully cut tops off peppers and discard; remove seeds.
- Set peppers aside.
- Cook Spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add tomatoes; cook for 1 minute.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, and broth until smooth.
- Stir into the tomato mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Drain spaghetti; add to tomato mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, basil, and parmesan; toss.
- Spoon into peppers.
- Place into a 3 quart.
- microwave-safe baking dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
I put some ground turkey in the recipe so I had a full meal in one pepper.