Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy to make, hearty family favorite. Brings back memories of my childhood.
Make and share this Pasta Fazool (Pasta Fagioli) recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml carrot, peeled and chopped
- 118.29 ml celery, chopped
- 453.59 g hot Italian sausage, caseings removed (can us sweet sausage for a milder taste)
- 7.39 ml dried parsley
- 7.39 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 4.92-9.85 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 425.24 g can crushed tomatoes
- 709.77-946.36 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 226.79 g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 236.59 ml ditalini
- parmesan cheese, for grateing on top
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium high heat.
- Add diced onion and cook until it just begins to soften, about 2 minute.
- Add diced celery and carrots and continue to cook, stirring frequently for 3 or more minute.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrent, about 30 seconds.
- Add italin sausage, break it up with a wood spoon while it cooks. cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in the dried herbs and red pepper flakes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 min., stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the beans and pasta.
- Add extra cup of chicken broth if it needs to be thinned out.
- Simmer for 6-8 min, or until pasta is al dente.
- Serve with parmesan cheese grated on top.