Easy to make, hearty family favorite. Brings back memories of my childhood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, caseings removed (can us sweet sausage for a milder taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 -2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 -4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup ditalini
- parmesan cheese, for grateing on top
- 1Heat olive oil in large pot over medium high heat.
- 2Add diced onion and cook until it just begins to soften, about 2 minute.
- 3Add diced celery and carrots and continue to cook, stirring frequently for 3 or more minute.
- 4Add garlic and cook until fragrent, about 30 seconds.
- 5Add italin sausage, break it up with a wood spoon while it cooks. cook until no longer pink.
- 6Stir in the dried herbs and red pepper flakes.
- 7Add crushed tomatoes and chicken broth and stir to combine.
- 8Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 min., stirring occasionally.
- 9Stir in the beans and pasta.
- 10Add extra cup of chicken broth if it needs to be thinned out.
- 11Simmer for 6-8 min, or until pasta is al dente.
- 12Serve with parmesan cheese grated on top.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Fazool (Pasta Fagioli)
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.6
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 1171.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 22.7 g