1/1 Photo of Pasta Fazool Casserole
We had this weekly when I was growing up and it remains a family favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage or 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link, casings removed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained,chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed,drained
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb mostaccioli pasta, freshly cooked
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 12 ounces fontina or 12 ounces provolone cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Sauté first 6 ingredients in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat until sausage and beef are brown, crumbling with fork, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add tomatoes, tomato paste and cayenne and simmer 5 minutes, breaking up tomatoes with back of spoon.
- 3Add kidney beans and heat through.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Add mostaccioli, Parmesan and parsley and toss to combine.
- 6Transfer to 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese.
- 8Bake until cheese melts, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Fazool Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 798.5
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 126.1 mg
- Sodium 1359.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 46.3 g