Recipe by mandabears
I got this from a fellow survivor at a job from hades. we were in orientation and started with 18 sufferers, by the end of one week, there was one orientee left and it was not me. the sole survivor shared this recipe with me so the experience was not a total loss.
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste, not sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (19 ounce) can white beans, undrained or 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, with their liquid (I use Progresso)
- 1 lb ditalini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Add crushed garlic and cook until golden brown.
- Add tomato paste, water, beans and the liquid.
- Stir well, bring to simmer, cover and cook for 1/2 hour.
- Cook ditalini until al dente, remove from heat and drain, saving 1/3of the cooking water.
- Add tomato sauce mixture.
- Serve in large bowl with grated Parmesan cheese and chunks of Italian bread.