4 hrs 10 mins
I work with doctors that are Italian and I have been told that this recipe could most likely be the best pasta fagioli - try and let me know
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the casing from the sausage using 1/2 sweet sausage and 1/2 hot sausage and cook over med. high heat in a large dutch oven make sure to crumble the sausage into fine pieces. Drain any greases that are left from the frying.
- 2In the same pot add your garlic and onions and cook till onions are clear. Add parsley and Italian seasonings.
- 3Add beans, stock and tomatoes(I like to use the Del Monte Diced with Italian seasonings) to the mixture and season to taste. Let this simmer at low heat for at least 2 hours. ( I usually make this portion the day before and refrigerate overnight.).
- 4In a separate pot boil 3-4 quarts of water, once it has boiled add a hand full of kosher salt. Add your ditalini and boil till slightly more than el dente is achieved. Firm not mushy but not hard - since this is added to the soup it will continue to absorb moisture out of the soup if it is too el dente. Reserve 1 cup of the noodle water. Drain noodles and give a 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil drizzle over the noodles.
- 5Add noodles to soup along with the 1 cup of reserved water. To serve the soup place in a shallow soup bowl - shave a few nice pieces of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese on top and serve with a slice of semolina bread.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Fagioli Suprema
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.3
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 1195.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 22.5 g