Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
We like to eat at Olive Garden because of their lunch menu of soup, salad, Bread sticks. I found a recipe on Internet for Olive Garden E. Fagioli Soup in a Crock Pot. It was delicious tonight.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 3 (10 ounce) cans beef stock
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 6 teaspoons parsley
- 1 (20 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces pasta
- Brown beef in a skillet
- Drain fat from beef and add to crock pot with
- everything except pasta.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- During last 30 minutes on high or 1 hour on low add pasta.
It was VERY good! I followed the recipe almost exactly, except I didn't realize it was 2 of the large size cans of tomatoes, and I only had the regular size. I found a can of stewed tomatoes and added that with about 1/2 cup of water and it was fine. I also added a good amount of brown sugar because I add it to anything tomato-based. This recipe makes a LOT...it literally filled my big crockpot to the brim. You could easily cut the recipe in half and still have plenty of leftovers for a family. Tastes even better the next day.
Makes A LOT of soup... but it is very good. Never been to Olive Garden but thoroughly enjoyed eating the soup and looking forward to the leftovers. Made no alterations to the recipe.
I have never tasted Olive Garden's soup, but if it tastes like this I would love it. Will make again.